Here we have another Sassi-inspired exercise with a combination of a formula spline and the lathe nurbs. Perhaps the most innovative thing I did was add the color--at least Eve thought so. I opened a closeup of a Nasturtium blossom in Photoshop, cropped it so that only the petals were showing, and then used the patch tool to cover up the center detail with a less busy piece of petal. Then I gave it a gaussian blur to eliminate most detail, leaving just smooth gradations of orange. When I put this in the color channel of a material and used UV mapping, it gave the object a more varied color than would be possible by picking a single color from the color picker.